5 Ways Facebook's New Tool Can Help Your Nonprofit
Facebook has recently launched an amazing website to help non-profit organizations (NPOs) strengthen their presence on Facebook and help them to better use and understand how the platform can play a role in their organization. The website is extremely comprehensive and covers everything you need to know about getting started and raising funds.
There are several different aspects of the website that can benefit your nonprofit. We’ve broken it down here with the 5 most important elements:
- Learn to set up a Facebook page. Many nonprofits do not have a Facebook presence simply because they do not know how to go about setting up a page, specifically a nonprofit one. When setting up a nonprofit Facebook, there are a few distinctions from a normal business page. On this page, Facebook discusses setting up your page’s category, classifying it as a nonprofit, and how to manage it.
- Create a campaign strategy for your Facebook page. In this section of the website, Facebook discusses how you can create a successful campaign strategy for your NPO. No idea what is included in a campaign strategy? Facebook has you covered. They go over the elements of a campaign, examples of campaign missions, how to set campaign goals, and how to use insights and demographics to create a target audience.
- Learn how to create ads that grow your audience and attract donors. Facebook ads are quickly becoming one of the most attractive advertising platforms on the internet. If your head is spinning after checking out Facebook’s ad manager, you’ll find it all broken down on this page. One of the most appealing things about Facebook ads is that they allow you to target lookalike audiences. For example, if you want to target people who have liked similar NPO pages, you can do so when creating the ad. There are several rules that Facebook has put in place to reduce spammy ads, including a 20% text rule. The rule essentially states that text cannot cover more than 20% of your ad. Thankfully, there is a helpful grid to help you figure this out easily.
- Raise awareness and supporters. Once you’ve gotten your fans on your page, the next natural step is to convert your fans into donors/supporters. There are several different ways to do this on Facebook, which they break down here. One of many things you can do is to establish a sense of community with your followers and your NPO, so that support and donations come from them naturally. Creating events on Facebook, call-to-actions and, in general, inspiring others to get involved with volunteer days are just some of the ways you can make this possible.
- Collecting donations. Of course, at the end of the day, the goal is to raise donations to support your cause. There are several features which make this possible for your Facebook fans, which Facebook details here. One way to attract donations is to use Facebook’s call-to-action button. The button can be customized to read “Donate Here.” When creating ads, you can also add a call-to-action donate button.
Facebook has laid out all of the tools you need to run your NPO successfully on their platform. At Redstart, we realize that running a nonprofit is time-consuming and strenuous. Contact us to find out how we can take care of your social media needs for you.