Celebrate Self-Improvement Month: 5 Ways To Invest In Yourself
September is self-improvement month and it got our wheels spinning about the importance of consistently working on improving yourself. Whether that’s as a business owner, team manager, mother, daughter…or a regular ole human!
Your life is always under construction. No matter what goal you reach or milestone you hit, there’s always some aspect that can be renovated, added to, or given a fresh coat of paint.
As a business owner or a leader in your field, it’s important to know how your work or business’ health goes hand-in-hand with your own health. All of the puzzle pieces have to be balanced and in place in order to create a happy medium, and that starts with an investment in yourself, for yourself! So, our goal for you this month is to set aside time to do at least one of these things that benefits you.
Here are some of our favorite ways that you can invest in yourself this month:
- Read a book. When is the last time you sat down and read a book, an entire book, cover to cover? Set aside a small amount of time each day, whether that’s right before bed or right after waking up, where you read a chapter from a book that interests you. This book could be a self-help book (Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis is a good pick!) a business book (Being Boss by Emily Thompson and Kathleen Shannon is great!) or a magical fiction book that sweeps you away from reality.
- Delegate and outsource. There’s no better way to invest in yourself and your time then to delegate work that you don’t necessarily need to have your hands in and outsource projects that are taking up large chunks of your time. Having a team on your side to handle smaller projects or tasks so you can focus on your essential to-do list is so important!
- Learn something new. Self-improvement month is a great opportunity to learn something new in your field of interest. Take an online course or dedicate a few hours a week to read a blog by experts in your niche!
- Take a break. We all need a break, so finding time this month to detach and refresh is something you should consider doing. Whether this means catching up on the new season of Ozark on Netflix, or booking a hotel and taking an extended weekend vacation is up to you!
- Find a mentor. As a leader in your field, finding a mentor or coach (or even just friends in business) is so important. A coach or mentor will have your best interests in mind and will be an extra set of eyes on what is and isn’t working in different aspects of your life.
Ready to start investing in yourself by delegating and outsourcing? Our team at Redstart can help. Contact us today to discuss how we can help.