How To Get Started With Social Media
By: Cate Cannavino, Redstart Creative
Social Media has quickly taken the place of various forms of traditional marketing, headlining digital marketing plans for many companies from hospitality to consumer goods, and everything in between. Using social media effectively is an important component of building a strong brand, however many companies have not discovered the ways to make the most of their time and efforts. By following these steps you can be sure that you are engaging with your consumers and building your brand on social media.
- Set your social media goals. Before getting started with social media, you should first determine what your goal of using these platforms will be. Goals can include, but are not limited to:
- Increasing Brand Awareness
- Driving Website Traffic
- Improving Conversion Rates
- Enhancing Visitor Loyalty
2. Determine the best platform(s) to utilize. Social media isn’t a one-stop shop and neither is your strategy for using it. To best determine how to use each, identify your target audience and which platforms they engage with.
3. Develop a social media marketing plan. A social media marketing plan will summarize the goal that you have now set forth, along with the platforms that you choose to use, with the actions you will take to make them work effectively. Creating a social media marketing plan isn’t a requirement for all businesses, but to find significant brand development and harness the power of social media, you will want to make sure you take advantage of a well defined and thought-out plan.
These first three steps are key in building your social media presence effectively. Want to know more? Stay tuned for Part 2 of this series later this month with three more tips.
Having trouble getting started? Redstart Creative is here to help and offers three different levels of social media management. Click here to see how you can start developing your voice and vision through social media marketing.